About Prestwood Village Association
A community is only as strong as the people within it. There is much going on in the current political environment where decisions are being decentralised and passed to local government and the community. In essence it is the “big community” that is being asked to make some of these decisions and whose opinions are being sought.
As with any changes in policy there are often cracks in the principles behind new ideas when they are rolled out. In this case there may be a gap in making people aware of proposed changes.
Prestwood Village Association aims to bridge that gap and provide valuable pointers to various things that are going on that may affect the Prestwood community.
Equally if you simply don’t know where to look to find out about what may affect your community then we hope that this site and the work of PVA on your behalf will be informative in an apolitical way.
If you have ever had an opinion on something about Prestwood but did not feel empowered to voice it, then Prestwood Village Association is the type of forum where you can share your opinion and see those of others. If these are strong enough then the Prestwood big community can influence decisions. After all, with a population of nearly 8,000 people, Prestwood deserves to be heard within the Great Missenden Parish community of some 10,000.
Goals of Prestwood Village Association
We aim to:
- Generate interest and increase awareness in our community
- Develop communication opportunities for residents and businesses in the village
- Sustain and improve the amenities and environment of Prestwood
- Support local community activities
- Creating a comprehensive website to inform you on current issues and future opportunities so that you can have your say and be involved as and when you wish, from the comfort of your home
- Updating you as matters arise that may affect you or Prestwood
- Providing links to local groups, schools, societies and government via the PVA website
Run by Prestwood people for Prestwood people
Prestwood Village Association is politically non-aligned and welcomes everyone:
- Over the age of 16 years, living or working in Prestwood to join
- Being a Subscriber is free of charge.
Formed in 2013
Prestwood Village Association is a web based service run by volunteers. An inaugural meeting was held on Sunday 21 April 2013 in the Village Hall. There were 85 residents in attendance who approved the constitution and elected the officers and 12 committee members. An AGM is held in April or May each year when committee elections take place.
Visit our main website by following this link: Prestwood Village Association (opens in a new window).